Kindergarten orientation for the 2017-18 school year will be held on Friday, May 12 at 3:30 pm in the Chapman Hill Library.
Parents will learn about bus transportation, how to help their children prepare for school, what their students will experience during a typical school day, and much more.
Kindergarten is a free, full-day program and students attend school the same hours as 1st-5th grade students.
Our school is excited to welcome the next class of kindergarten students for a full day of learning and growing!
April 21: Superhero day! Students are invited to dress up like a superhero.
April 25: Music program at 2 & 6 pm: 4th grade, Mrs. Clark, and Mrs. Snyder's class
April 28: Staff Development Day; no school for students
May 1-5: Book fair
May 3: Art Night
Registration for fall kindergarten programs in Salem-Keizer Public Schools opens on Tuesday, February 21, 2017. Students who turn five on or before September 10, 2017, are eligible to register. All elementary schools in Salem-Keizer offer free, full-day kindergarten.
Parents are asked to register students soon to help the district prepare an adequate number of classrooms, supplies, etc. for the fall.
How to register
To register, please visit the school and pick up a registration packet. If you’re unsure what school is assigned to serve your residence address, please visit the district’s school finder page: www.salemkeizer.org/content/boundary-information
Parents must complete and sign the forms in the registration packet (registration form, home language survey, immunization form) and provide:
1. Proof of residence address. Examples of documents accepted include a copy of a utility bill, driver’s license with current address, copy of rental agreement, etc.
2. Original birth certificate for the child. The school will make a copy and return the original to the parent.
Help your student get ready
Parents can help students get ready for kindergarten by helping them:
· Hold a pencil, crayons and scissors correctly
· Practice writing his/her name
· Learn the ABC’s and how to count to twenty
· Name and identify basic shapes, such as square, triangle and circle
· Learn how to take turns and share with others
· How to use the bathroom and wash hands independently
Please contact your school with questions about registering for kindergarten.